Friday, September 4, 2009

Things I Can Do....That My Wife Can't

I can walk on my hands. I get up in front of a group of people and give a speech. I can play the guitar (just a little bit). I can make the best paper air plane. Hmmmmmm that's about it. One thing I've learned from being married is that my wife (I'm sure this goes for most women out there) can learn to do anything I can do and at a lot faster pace then I did. For example: It took me over a week of constantly trying to juggle before I actually could it. One night we were bored so I thought I could teach her to juggle. It took her only three hours before she was juggling just as well as me. Can you believe that?

Now this type of thing happens all the time. At first I didn't mind it because she is my wife and I like to teach people how to do things. Well, now I'm kinda scared and hesitant because what am I going to have after all my rare talents and capabilities are no longer rare? I assume every husband or boyfriend out there likes to be able to show off to their lady in some way. If it's with something he owns, he can do or someone he knows, it's something that she cannot own, do or know. Well when you get married, everything you know, anything you have or anyone you know will eventually become the same for your wife.

To all the women out there who are probably just so into your guy that you want to learn everything he know, please every once in a while......don't! This is not so that the man can have something over you or so he can be better then you. It's because he wants to still be able to impress you. He wants to be able to show you, that he can eat with chop sticks or at least pick up every little piece of random stuff off the table. He wants to be able to tell you that he is the poker champ and no one knows the game like him.

Even if what he knows or can do is not that difficult, still act like it is. Now you don't have to always keep yourself from doing what's enjoyable, but every so often, let the "man" things go.

So guys, if you have a very intelligent and talented wife like I do (points for me), never teach them all the tricks in your bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment