Friday, September 11, 2009

I want a friend too....

So as many of you who have already read my first post, my wife and I just moved to Spokane, WA. We moved here a little over a month ago. It's not the biggest city in the world, but the second largest in Washington, so it works. We moved from Sacramento, CA ,so as might be able to guess it's been a pretty big change for us. A big variety of people in California, not so much here. Now I like the people here, but it's been hard for either one of us to meet new people and make friends.......Until now!

My wife just recently made friend at a place where she was temping for a couple weeks. Supposedly (Kristin I spelled it right), she is a really nice girl and kinda in the same boat as us. I guess they get along great and it looks like they might make good friends. What's really great is that they are going to have a "girls" night tomorrow evening. Isn't that wonderful?

Now I am so happy that my wife has found a friend, because I know that I couldn't just hang out with just me all that long. Women need to socialize, shop and then tell you all about it. I understand that, but still it's not that fair. I want a friend too! Of course I had to convince her to go out because she felt bad that I would be at home by myself. She started thinking of people I could make my friend, people I don't even know. I told her you just cant go up to a guy and ask to be friends...doesn't look right.

Since I'm not going with her, I plan on making it a man-night. This man-night will consist of a $5 Little Cesar's pizza, a beer, some Mario Bro's 3 and a Man Movie. Man-Movie definition: any movie consisting of violence, explosions, cars, more violence and a bad guy.

I'm aware that in the future we each are going to need our own friends so that we don't get bored with each other. The thing is, is that I'm a little clingy still. I need her too much. I'm a new husband, that's like being a newborn pet that needs feeding, petting and playtime. I will be okay, though. I will persevere and enjoy my man-night and try not to miss her too much.

I hope she has fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment