Now many of you out there might think that I'm grateful for not having something like a life threatening disease or something along those lines. No, that's not what I mean.
I am grateful for not having that fancy new sports car or that nice big mansion. I'm grateful that I don't have that massive salary at that amazing, dream job. I'm grateful that I don't have that greek god like body that could be in magazines or on billboards. I'm grateful that I can't speak a foreign language or even fly a helicopter. That I cant just fly away at a moments notice to hike through the grand canyon or visit a new foreign country every month.
Now don't get me wrong, but I am so, so grateful for everything I already do have. I'm so happy that I have an amazing wife that encourages me to be a better person, a car that gets me where I have to be, loving parents that still care for me and want the best for my life, great siblings that are also great friends, my health, my ability to read and learn, and many, many more things.
What I mean about being grateful for what I don't have, is that it gives me something to work for. It puts a fire under me to pursue my dreams. A dream is something that keeps you moving forward and without one you might just sit there and fade away. If I had everything I want, then life would be boring, predictable and grey.
No, I am grateful that I don't have any of those amazing things..............yet! Now I can make the journey that will move me towards those things. Like the great inspirational music artist Miley Cyrus teaches us in her new song "The Climb", it's the, well it's the climb that changes us.
So as a new husband that wants all these amazing things in his life, I'm grateful that they are attainable and just beyond my reach for the moment. So that I can become a better husband, son, brother and friend on the road to my dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment